Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Writing

So much to do. So much writing to do. I have the idea for my story. I know where it is set. I know who the main character is and there is a few friends to go with that but I have to murder someone. I have to have a reason to murder this person. I also want to make it a supernatural. Now there are so many different ways to go with this, a witch, a demon, faerie or psychic. Hey it could even be a straight mystery.
I have the how to books and NewNovelist and I bought another one called Writers Dream Kit. Now its just sitting down, doing the research I will need to do and then write.
While I do this the house will be getting a make over, my brother-in-law will be going to court and I will be with him since my husband has to work. The usual stuff that goes on during the day besides.

There has been some sadness the past 12 months. I've lost three family members. Its been hard dealing with that. Life goes on though and the best I can do is to remember them with love. That way they are never really gone. My family is getting smaller and smaller. Funny, when I was a kid I thought I was so lucky with my family and extended family. Actually there were a few marriages between the two sides so we are kind of closely related. So when a cousin dies its like losing a sibling. That's how close we were and are. The older generation is gone, my aunt was the last. Now I still have an aunt and an uncle, siblings left but they are so much younger than the rest that they are between the older gen and my gen. My aunt has asked me to be her beneficiary, meaning that I will take care of all the details when she dies or if God forbid needs to go to a home. I'm against nursing homes, I worked in a few of them. They are not all bad, some are very good. But I don't want anyone to feel lost or forgotten in one of those. It happens more than I liked when I worked in them. But I digress, I do that a lot. So family wise we are very small.

I know I need to get my butt in the chair and start writing or I will never get it done. I want to do this. This is something I always wanted to do. I will do my outline so I have an idea of where I am going with my story. I know that I will not stick to it word for word but it gives me an idea of where I should be.

My husband and I are going to go on vacation this year. Our last was in 2001 and it was fantastic. This year we are going north up to Maine and Nova Scotia. I am really looking forward to the trip. I have my little laptop to take with me so I can write and he will take his so he can play Texas hold'em. This is if we have time from traveling and sightseeing. I am so looking forward to this.

Next year we will head south and start house hunting somewhere in N.C. I am really looking forward to that. I want to get out of the cold and while I have some family and good friends here they can come visit us.

So that is the plan for now. Of course always subject to change, because you just never know.

I need to be more diligent with my blogs. I don't think I will blog on myspace anymore. I still like to check it and read the other blogs from the authors I like. Here I feel much freer and can write what I want.

So tonight I will do a little reading and tomorrow after I finish my housework, (what a terrible word) I will get this butt in to the chair and start on my story. Here's to "Tumbling Down".

No comments: