Saturday, August 28, 2010

Where have I been

Well I have been to NY and back three times so far this year. Vacation with hubby to visit family and look around to see where we would like to live in North Carolina.  Saw a few really nice houses and not so nice. We weren't going to buy this year, just wanted to look around and see what out money would buy. Famous last words.
We both fell in love with this 1940's cottage. It is great. master suite was an add-on. The couple we bought the house from, and yes I said bought, is a builder. I love our bedroom and bathroom. I love my walk in closet. Its so big and roomy. Poor hubby has this little closet about three feet deep and usual height.  He also took over one of the closets in one of the guest rooms. Two guest rooms seperated by the guest bathroom. The livingroom opens up to the kitchen. there is a free standing gas fireplace that seperates the two. We have .75 of an acre. We are on a dead-end street with one neighbor above us, two across from us and one on the corner which is for sale.It is just fastastic. We have a deck which you can get to from our bedroom or through the kitchen to the screened in sun room. We have the pool and if you look to your right there is a hot tub and outdoor shower. The deck is built all around the pool. It has two levels, so need to becareful if coming from the sunroom to seat at the table because there is a nice little step that you have to go down. I missed it a couple of times and let me tell you it hurts when I do that Pressure on the spine I guess when I land. We have greenery all over the pool area and hot tub and shower. You walk under a ceiling of greenery. Its all so private. We love it. Behind the house is all enclosed, fenced in which is great for us because it allows the four cats to come and go as they please. 

Mostly they go. Sammie usually stays in at night. She is so funny. She wieghts 15 + lb. She takes a running leap from the living room to the bedroom. Leaps onto the bed, well she tries and if her claws were any shorter she would end up on the floor every night. So she digs those claws and boosts herself up. Sometimes she is lazy and jumps up to the bench at the foot of the bed and then on to the bed. She has to come right up to my face which she than starts to wash. From the face she goes for the neck that she likes to suck. She is a very strange cat. I stop her, she does desists for a moment and tries to get back to where she was. I am waiting for up to open up an artery. I think she is a strange vampire cat. If I can sleeping my husband will then knock her off the bed.  Sammie is eight years old and her partner in crime is Meowie. Ah my poor baby. Before we moved to NC I took all the cats to the vet. All four were healthy. After we were here are few weeks Ray and I noticed that shw was very thin. More so than normal for her. She wasn't eating and would lay around and sleep as much as she could. Off to a new Vet. As I was holding Meowie he informed us that he was pretty sure tht she was in liver failure. I just cryed. She is not in kidney which is very good. We had blood work done and the problem is her liver.  He gave us some, what we call goop, to give her three times a day. That has been going over well. I find that when we give it to her she gets sick. She will take the goop and then eat and then its a mess. So what we are doing if she is having a bad day she gets the goop, it keeps her body in balance, electolytes, If she is eating without a problem we don't give it to her or if we can just at night before bed. So far she is doing alright and as long as she is free from pain, we will keep her with us.
Mulder and Scully are siblings and are 13 years old. They are doing great. Mulder comes in during the day and even likes staying in the house some night. He always wants attention. Like when  I introduce him to his food a few hundred times a day. Scully is very happy with her dry food and loves being outside. In the grass or in the sun room. She is a very content kitty. Does not want to come in at all. I think she  is afraid that we will keep her in the house all night
Think on this; .75 of an acre, cats have free run of the place for the most part and the three females use the litter pan. Mulder is a true adventurer. Goes in the grass. Our one male cat.

Getting back to the house, we have a one room cabin and a workshop for Ray. He wanted my cabin as a man cave and I said "not in this life time" LOL Actually I would have given him anything he wanted because he really did not want to leave NY he was content there in Gloversville. I was not.
So now we have this great house and we really don't have to do that much to her, its in great shape. We are going to change the kitchen a little, redo the guest bathroom and, oh yes, the family room is upstairs in the attic which the previous owner redid. Looks so nice. the only problem we have is with the stairs going to the family room. They are a little too steep for me and one of these days I am going to get hurt. Bad back and all is something I don't need. So our friend Joe who is a master cabinetworker will redo the stairs for us. And I know it will look great. He is a genius with wood. He works in NC and in FL.
Joe and his wife Lynn also owns two shops selling handbags in Hendersonville (which is where I found him) and in Forest City. The bags are out of this world and to die for. the prices are right too. I could afford to buy a couple.
So to get back to where I was going with this post. We drive down to   Hendersonville to visit my cousin T and her husband. We bought a house, we didn't mean to buy a house but we did. So back in April to sign, no, lender was not ready. We were told that they were about 7 business days behind. So we visit in Virgina and head north. Come April 30th and we have the closing. We are not ready to move. So much to do in the house in Gloversville. We did clean it out as much as we could. We packed. We left most of the furniture in Gloversville for out son. Come the end of May and we are on the move. Ray rented a truck, not big enough, Patrick, Rays son and Matt his brother helped us move. I didn't have anyone to help, my family,  gone to the heavens. I have cousins but they are older than me so I didn't want to ask. Anyway three weeks later, Ray rents another truck, still not big enough, I just keep laughing, and its just me and Ray. What a joke. Truck breaks down took over 24 hours to get another truck and it was miserable. U-Haul owes us money. Which I have to get back to them with the receipts. There is just so much paper work around and I have to get that done.
Finally home and we hire two guys to empty the truck and put the stuff were we want it. They were pretty good and fast. We hired them from the furniture store where we bought our couch for the living room and two chairs for the family room.
We are not homefree yet. Ray is going up north in Sept to get the rest of our stuff. I hope. I will stay home with the cats. We had baby sitters for them when we went north but Ray will get everything done quicker without me there. So he thinks. that is fine. Because I will be coming home from FL with my cousin T.
We will stop in Orlando see the mouse and then onto her condo and then  back home.
This is the short version of how did we move and  how we forgot stuff. On no must have it now! LOL
But had  a great time buying new.

I don't know how short this is I think think this is the first one I wrote. I am afraid to check. I don't want to lose all of it.

One of the reasons that I wanted to move was  that my imagination had kinda dried up. No story lines, nothing was coming to me. But here in North Carolina I feel like my imagination has just taken off. Its been dead for about 10 years. After three years in Gloversville it just all went away.
Another reason is that there was nothing holding us there. My parents are gone, died within eight months of each other. My little sister, who I used to call The Baby until she complained that I would be calling her that when she was in her 60's. She died in her 40's. I miss them all like crazy.
Rays family was gone from the area too. He has six brothers but not really close to any of them except for Matt the yougnest. Ray is seond oldest or #2 as one of his brothers like to call him. There is also twig boy or burch boy, that is Tommy and he makes the most beautiful furniture. My mother-in-law and I both agreed that neither of us could afford to buy from him.

Patrick didn't want to make the move with us. Pat is Ray's son. So we left him in charge of the Gloversville house and he has rented out three of the bedrooms. We had four. So he is doing OK. He is taking care of the house and working. I am very proud of him. Ray is also proud. He's come a long way since he came back home from Seattle. I think Ray wished that Pat would come down here. There is a comm. college not far from us and Pat needs to go back to school. I know Ray misses him. It was tough when Pat was on the other side of the nation. Pat is going to try and get some time off around Xmas. I told him that we could have Xmas anyday as long as he was with us. So I am hoping that he can get a few days off. We will pay for his ticket and that should make it easier for him. Right now he is only working part time. He's had the job for over two years now but...
I would love to know what  happened to the first post I wrote. ah well its all a mystery to me.
Tomorrow hopefully I will write more about writing; what I like to write and what I love to read.
I think this is the post I wrote the first time. Its a mystery to me.
Til the morrow, I hope.

No comments: