Monday, April 25, 2011

Descriptive writitng

Christine:


You're right of course. Description is important and it does move the story. I usually skim through it but, I've been reading the descriptive prose because I need to be a better writer. So I now try to describe to myself, towns that I have been to or just Main Street and the shops and such. What houses look like clothing that my characters wear. I think I am getting better.

I write paranormal mystery love stories. I get to write all my favorites at one time.



Right now my internet is down and I am in the coffee shop. Internet should be back up on Wed. I have a lot of stuff saved on my big lap top. I am using my netbook right now, so much easier to carry around.

For the paranormal I can more or less change any setting I want. I grew up in the Bronx and worked in Manhattan for nine years. I know more about the city then I do about the Bronx. I didn't leave my comfort zone to often and was always surprised that the Bronx was so big. But the city is a different story, then again I can describe midtown but not great with downtown but I can change it because with a paranormal there is a change places are different because the humans, the supernatural, two natured, demons have taken over and magic does things to a town, city or villiage. I need to incorporate both the real and the fantasy. So, I am striving to do this.

Hopefully my internet will be working on Wed. and I can get down to work.

So I will say good bye for now.

1 comment:

Christine Young said...

your story sounds interesting. Demons and magic are often fascinating. I write historical romance and have a great book on haunted castles. After watching Ghost Adventures with my daughter, I am intrigued with writing a story in a haunted castle.