Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thanks Christine

Here it is April 17, so much for blogging more. Not a thing since January. Thanks Christine for reminding me that I have a blog and I've been ignoring it.
We are still settling in. Kind of. Husband got a part time job which is very good. Extra money never hurts and the work will hopefully keep the boredom at bay. He is going to be a driver for a rehab place. It will be like working in NY as a hack except he won't have to carry a gun and the people who he drives won't be locked in, at least I don't think so.
I am finally getting ready to sit down and write. I've taken some classes on line and have a general idea of what I need to do. I know what to do I need to  sit down and do it. I think with Husband out of the house so I can have alone time it will finally come to me.
I have to stop here because Game Of Thrones is starting.
If anyone reads this;  I am having a big problem writing the descriptive stuff, you know, what the town looked like, what so and so is wearing and the forest or city and I don't want to make it boring so if anyone has any tips, well, I'll buy the coffee next time you all are in Charlotte.

1 comment:

Christine Young said...

What genre do you write? The amount of description revolves around the genre and the importance of the setting in your story. I love descriptions. I close my eyes and write what I'm seeing. However I do have to be careful not to overdo. A writer needs to remember that the description is in the story for a reason. It must move it forward. It is also easier to write descriptions when I've been there. It's harder when I have to rely on photos. When one has been at the place they are writing about they can use all five sense in the wording. Hope this helps and good luck.