Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Night

Here I sit, hoping someone would join my blog. Its not all that bad. Joining it I mean. Where are my facebook buddies? Hopefully someone will check it out.

I did very badly on my novel for nano. 9k is all I got done. My worst year yet.  I have my story line though and I know where I am going with the book so at least that is something. Hey I still have until Wednesday maybe I could write 41K by then. If the mood  hits me. I mean who needs sleep. I think it will be a good story. I need to get a couple readers. I have one already and then I need someone to tell me what is wrong with it. I mean no one writes anything perfect the first time, do they?

I've had this dream for so long now. I think I am afraid that if I finish one and its horrible I will be so sad, crushed won't know what to do with myself.  Nah, I will just write another one.  I do great with the story lines and first chapters are easy. Get me beyond that and I kind of fall apart. I'm at the third chapter now and I am at a stand still.
I'm smoking again and I don't know why. They taste horrible.  The smell is bad and well at least they are not 10 bucks like in NY. Here cigs are less than $4.00 But enough of that.

I need readers  I think it would be good if I write a little something about my book or maybe another short.

I will do more reviews. I am starting to feel more comfortable with them. So that is something I am going to be doing.

Thanksgiving was very quiet with just Ray and I. Of course the animals did get a taste of turkey.  The bird came out good and thank good I bought gravy because like the first time I made it there was a hole in the pain.  Boy that first year was something else. Mom and Dad, Ray's Mom and Brother Matt, Patrick and  us, we, I don't know which to use. Anyway Mom saved the gravy, Mary made the best mashed potatoes, I couldn't find a lump anywhere. It was a really nice Thanksgiving. I miss all of them. Matt is married now with 3 kids Patrick is in NY and Mom, Dad and Mom in law are all gone.
I do get a little down on the holidays, My family are all gone. Ray still has all six brothers but no one is close. We all live such different lives and none of us live near each other so it makes it hard. But enough about that,

So I will do some more writing and who knows I may still make it.

Oh right now I am reading The Secret Life of Bees. Its good.  It was recommended by the librarian at my library. Its really a nice library. We were talking about The Help which was so good. Movie and book.  Anyway I am also watching netflix which is pretty cool. I'm finding some of the English mysteries that I really like.
So enough for tonight.
Get yourself a good book or watch a Christmas movie on Hallmark or another channel and just have a nice evening. I am going too. 






No comments: