Saturday, January 26, 2013

A week from next Wednesday is going to be a big day for me. Its my birthday and I will be old. Though I feel like I am still 35 I'm not. Its sad. But time does much on.

Writing hasn't gone very far I still have so much to do. I really feel unprepared to write. I want to take a class on writing. I did do creative writing in college but that was 1996.  I am still confused about which story I want to write. I better answer it quickly because there are a couple of contests I would like to enter.

My chapter has found a new place to have our month meeting. I don't know what it is but here and NY I am more than an hour away, more like an hour and a half.  Even going to the Greenville, SC chapter is over an hour away and its early like 10 am. Now I know that its not that early but with my back it takes a little time for me to get myself together. Ah well somethings just never change.

Nationals in July. I can't wait for it. Hotel seems pretty expensive. I hate having to pay to park my car. Hopefully I will be able to share with someone.

I am looking forward to my chapters retreat in May. It will be a wonderful time I think. Must remember to bring wine. I also have a family wedding in the beginning of May in New Jersey. Don't know if I want to drive up to NY/NJ again. I was up there last May. My cousins daughter, who is already married with a baby, is having this huge reception. Everyone should have their dream. I hope its a great wedding. I want to go to see family and old friends but...my husband won't go. He has to work and someone has to take care of the animals. He is happy to remain at home.  If I do go it will be with my cousin T, we can share the drive up.

We have a new shelter dog that we are fostering. She is a big dog part golden and maybe lab. She is bigger than our dog Kirby. She was starving. All her bones were sticking out. God knows when she was last fed. and there were three other dogs with her that also went into fostering. They were living outside the home and would have either frozen to death or starved. The elderly man who was trying to take care of them just couldn't. So we have Blondie and she has gained a few lbs already and she is actually starting to play with the other dogs. Oh yeah, she didn't mess on the floor so far today and that is a big plus. Big dog, big you know what and the smell. Eek.
Just finished Kay Hoopers "The First Prophet".  I enjoyed it. I've always liked her books. This is a new series kind of. Bishop is involved with it so you know it has to do with psychics. Read it if you get a chance.

Hey I need more followers. Sign up ya'll

No comments: